PD DR.HABIL. ALEXANDER SCHOUTEN
Tel: (+31) 0 6 27 50 07 57
Dept. of Nematology, Experimental Plants Sciences, Wageningen University and Research Center
Dr. Alexander Schouten is currently guest scientist at Wageningen University and Research Centre in the Netherlands and consultant.
- Was scientist and lecturer at INRES-Molecular Phytomedicine, University of Bonn, Germany
- Habilitated at the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Bonn, Germany
- Was post-doc at the Laboratory of Phytopathology, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- Obtained his PhD at the University of Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Acquired his MSc on molecular plant pathology at Wageningen University, The Netherlands
He has a broad expertise regarding the molecular interactions between beneficial microorganisms, plants and both plant pathogens and herbivores. He has experience in using plant-associated beneficial microorganisms within integrated pest management approaches against nematodes and insects, particularly in greenhouse environments. For this, he collaborates with industry and growers to develop endophytes into commercial biocontrol products.